Followers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bare Minerals Review/ Tasi Trip~~

 Hey all ~~
sorry that I have been Missing for 2 months. Been away at Tasmania for a trip and also busy organising a trip to Europe in June/July. 

Any ways. My last post was a haul on Bare Minerals's Original  Foundation in Medium Beige. My skin had an allergic reaction to something I'm not quite sure what. but most probably the chopping and changing of skincare products too often. So I decided to stick to two product only. my good old Nameraka foaming cleanser, and Shiseido's toner/moisturiser in one. Will do review for that soon. Saved my skin. 

So I was very hesitant to use foundation too, because I wasn't sure if it was foundation or what causing all these little bumps on my skin. So I looked into Mineral foundation. So I went and got myself the Bare Mineral Foundation. I also picked up the Bare Mineral's All-over face colour in Rose Radiance.

 Left: Rose Radiance/ Right: Original Foundation in Medium Beige

At the shop I tried on the Bare Mineral's Matte foundation, but it felt so dry, and I was scared for it to go cakey, and also the colour is bit different from the original both in medium beige, the matte one shows up darker and yellower for some reason.


 Foundation Review
 Likes:
 - Great coverage, you can build your coverage, I like mine to cover my acne scars and what not. So I prefer a medium to full coverage. I buff in two layers and good to go. never look cakey.
- Gives a dewy look, so my face doesn't look dead matte. though might be a bit sparkly under direct sunlight. need to blot or else will look oily and shiny.
- The packaging is great. you can carry it with you and touch up with a little kabuki brush.
- Easily washes off. just use my foaming cleanser, comes right off.
- Doesn't cause allergic reaction. no response to bismyth oxichloride. so all good. you might need to watch out for this ingredient if you are allergic.
- Also can be used as a setting powder over liquid.

Dislikes:
- Messy application, powder can fly everywhere. very fine particle. Scared to breath it in. so I always hold my breath when applying this.
- Need to blot like every 3-4 hours, or else I get oily.
- I think it's a bit tad expensive. but compared to a liquid foundation. it's still ok.


Now lets look at the Rose Radiance.
I realized I have something very similar, Maybelline mineral powder blush in Soft Mauve.
but the maybelline one is a blush, where as this is a all over face colour. to give you that extra boost of radiance if your skin looks dull and as if you didn't get any sleep.


 I think these two looks quite similar. except that Bare Mineral's Rose Radiance is obviously more shimmery, I tried applying it all over the face with a light hand.. it looks ok. nothing wowed. but as a blush it is really pretty. gives your cheeks a very nice rosy glow. I like it as a blush. quite a natural fresh look. not overly pigmented so fool proof.


 Here's a swatch.
Left to Right: Bare Minerals Original in Medium Beige, Rose Radiance, Soft Mauve




While I'm away from blogging, I was in Tasmania. Here's a couple pictures from the trip.



 hahaha feeding a pig with beer...~~~

Hope every one have a great week...........

take cares.

No comments: