Followers

Friday, March 16, 2012

[] Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation Review []~~~

Hey all ~~

Another Foundation Review. ~~~ been testing it out for a while now. thought I do the review since I am not that busy these days.

So I purchased the foundation from feelunique.com It was cheaper when I bought it about $34.00 AUD but now the price has increased for some reason.  any ways.

So at the back of the box it says:
Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation SPF10
A light-reflecting hydrating foundation that perfectly combines mineral and plant ingredients to create a naturally radiant complexion. The unique blend of ingredients continuously hydrates and protects the skin resulting in an incredibly comfortable, beautifully radiant and perfectly even complexion. Satin Finish - Medium Coverage. All skin types. 


Non-Comedogenic. Dermatologist Tests. Oil Free. 


This is what the packaging looks like. Classic Glass Bottle, with a Golden lid. comes with a pump for the ease of use. ( bonus points for having a pump). The colour I got is in 108 SAND.



This is what it looks like straight out from the bottle.

A bit spread out.

Blended in with the skin.


Ok Lets see how it shows up on face.
Here's my bare skin again (picture below), after moisturizer. lots of problems are you can see T__T
Picture taken under natural day light (in doors, not under direct sunlight)

This is what it looks like after 1 layer of foundation with no powder.
Thoughts:
The Foundation leave a satin finish on the skin. If I go under direct sunlight, when you look very very closely, you can see really really fine shimmer particles. but you can't detect it unless you look really hard for it. it certainly gives a natural radiant finish. You can set it with a powder and It still gives that radiant finish but without the oily look. 

I would say this foundation can be light to medium coverage depending on how you apply it. It may be cover all the imperfections ( acne scar, sun spots, freckles) but it does cover large pores perfectly. I have large pores near my nose and cheek area close to the nose, it disappeared when I use this. So I would say it covers certain things but still allows your natural skin to shine through.

I have combination skin, in winter I'm combination dry. So I think this foundation is more suited towards Autumn or Winter for me. If you have dry skin think you will love it. I still need to set it with a powder or else I will get oily quicker. And I need to blot every 4-5 hours. 

It is not really a long staying foundation. I would say may be 6 hours? but when I get home and take my make up off. There's still some foundation left on my face but most of it would've disappeared. That being said. I think this foundation is actually good for my skin. at the end of the day, my face looks more plumped and healthy, rather than dull and wrinkled as if all the water has been sucked out of it.

I don't think this foundation does well with flash photography...... it has SPF + fine shimmer particles. I think under natural light, it photographs really nice. but may be not more evening photography. 

Also It has a fragrance smell. can't put my finger on what it is.   you can smell it when you are applying it but it kind of disappears once it is applied. It doesn't bother me, but it might bother some people to have fragrance in their foundation.

Likes:
- has a pump
- great colour selection
- really nice natural finish (never cakey looking)
- makes you look so radiant and fresh
- covers large pores
- actually good for your skin ( with beneficial ingredients)
- oil free
- easy to remove at end of the day.
- your skin feels smooth after applying 

Dislikes:
- not long wearing
- unnecessary fragrance
- glass bottle, hard to travel with
- not enough coverage for those days you need coverage


Over all I like this foundation, go to a counter and ask for a sample, may be you will like it too.

Have a great weekend ~~~~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like satin finishes in foundations :) This one sounds luxurious. I have the one from Guerlain that I really love :)

selphia said...

They don't ship Clarins to aus :(

Denise said...

Fantastic review, thank you!!! I also ordered it from Feel Unique in the same shade! :) Your review was very helpful! :)