Followers

Monday, June 2, 2008

Shiseido Products

Hey

It's been a while since i have blogged here, been busy with my thesis and uni work and things.
Any ways, I got some Shiseido Products here which I am going to review on. So I hope it helps.

Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion
SPF 30+ For Face/Body (40 min water resistance)



I have been looking for a good sunscreen for my combination/oily face for a while, I tried alot other products until I came across this one. The SA at the counter suggested me this and said that zinc oxide is good for skin, I was skeptical because when i first tried it on my hand it was very runny and oily. As i was talking to her, it absorbed into my skin and had a matt finish. So i thought i give it a go.

Up on application on face, A little goes long way. at first it seems oily, but as you give it a few minutes to sink in to the skin it finishes matt and dewy. Sort of hydrated and feels great. I have been using it for a months and my face seems to turn brighter and no break outs.

Pros:
- good consistency
- not too oily for comb/oily skin
- no break outs
- no white caste
- no strong fragrance
- high % of zinc oxide and titanium oxide

Cons:
- the flip top lid
- tends to leak a bit

Shiseido The Skin Care - Purifying Mask


I'm comparing this mask to the proactive purifying mask. The shiseido purifying mask comes in white colour and the consistency is quite thick like a tooth paste. A thin layer applied on face will do. It dries pretty quick as well, but it does have this fragrance with it but it's not particularly strong and goes away after a while. It contains mineral clay - kaolin which cleans out the pores and absorbs excessive oil. So if you ever feel like a deep clean with your face then purifying mask is the way to go. I have been using it for half a year and nearly half of the bottle is gone, and no allergic reactions so far. Once its dried, to wash it off i use some water and patt on my face and it comes off easily.

Pros:

- good consistency

- easily washed off

- tightens and cleans out the pores

- no allergic reaction

- does not dry out skin

The proactiv purifying mask is good as well, but instead of white it's creamy yellow like cheese cake. The consistency is not as thick as the shiseido one but it smells kinda weird. It uses kaolin and sulfur as the main ingredient as they said that sulfur is volcanic ash which helps to clean the pores too. Once i was stressing out and had heaps of break outs. i used the proactiv purifying mask every 2nd day of the week and my skin cleared up real quick. But it might be too drying for some people.


Pros:
- helps clear up break outs fast
- absorbs excessive oil on face
- helps refine the skin
Cons:
- weird smell
- a bit grainy
- might be too drying for some people
- a bit hard to wash off

No comments: