Followers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Garnier Light~~ Haul & Review

Hey all

I haven't been blogging much that's because I'm not all that into the new MAC collections><>
But that being said, I am into skincare products these days. I am always concerned about my Acne SCARS.. they are annoying me, they fade SOOO slowly.. and my complexion is dull and when ever I have 1 zit, it always leaves a mark no matter how big or small..

So I came across a range of products, it's not sold in Australia, not about US but it's avaliable in China and Hong Kong. So I've seen reviews saying that it's really good for brightening up complexion and helping to fade the acne scars or any other discolouration. it's the Garnier Light range. I purchased it off sasa.





So I got three things form that range:

1. Garnier Light Intensive Whitening Essence with Pure Vitamin C

2. Garnier Light Complete Whitening & Hydrating Moisturizer

3. Garnier Light Milky Lightening Dew

This range contains pure lemon essence and anti-pigmentation Long Dan a type of plant/root. Vitamin C acts as a strong anti-oxidant and melanin reducer. So the combination of these would help reduce the signs of pigmentation acne scars and discolourations. I've been using it for nearly a month now. So I guess it's appropriate to give a review.

Start with the Milky Lightening Dew it's a light lotion actually a toner which contains a small amount of Dimethicone a form of silica so the lotion is actually milky in texture instead of watery and it helps to control the oil. It doesn't contain any alcohol so which is a good thing. It also contains salicylic acid which is AHA if i'm not mistaken which helps with control of acne. When I used it, it does help to mattify the face and smooth it out. I give it a 3.5/5 because I still love my HG toner Garnier Fresh Toner (the green bottle but has been discontinued.. Heart aches).

The Intense Whitening Essence is a yellowy gel, spreads easily and quickly absorbed by skin. This one I LOVE....... because I've been using it separately for 2 weeks by it self at night and I noticed that my acne scar is FADING..... like my whole face's complexion brightens and requires less coverage of foundation. LOVE it..... should give it a try.. Though this is highly concentrated Vitamin C, some people may be allergic to this so becareful. I had no reactions towards it but, and I've been using Benzyl Peroxide regularly to stop my acne which is pretty damaging to skin. This I would give 5/5..

The Whitening & Hydrating moisturizer I don't like this very much, that is because It contains Titanium Dioxide. I mean WHO the hell would put that in an Moisturizer and it has NO SPF on it. The purpose of they putting that in is because they want to make the product look WHITE..... that's all.. that's it entirely STUPID........ the product it self comes out like WHITE COLGATE toothpaste, I'm serious... It does spread easily and gets absorbed and doesn't sit there, but there's a tiny white cast on my face........ I don't like that... feels like sth is on top of my skin and is sitting there... ><>

So I use this on my arms, legs so becomes a body moisturizer. That being said it has no problem for other parts of my body.. THAT IS WEIRD...................I Don't know why.. For a body moisturizer I give it a 4/5 because it does make my skin smooth but for whitening wise.. NO IDEA if it does so or not. for face moisurizer is 0/5... Absolutely Horrid.............

That's all for today.. A Super LONG post.. The next post will be on skincare as well. on Sunscreen review I think.......

Take cares......

5 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Haha.. they put titanium dioxide in there just so it gives a white cast? They think consumers are stupid...

AskMeWhats said...

Hey welcome back!!! :( i am sorry that you bought products you don't like...I can't wait to read more of your reviews :)

watercoloursky said...

That whitening essence sounds good...I'd love to try it.

I bought the day lotion with SPF and eye cream last year when I was in Asia. The scent is really refreshing, but the face lotion left that white cast you mentioned on my face :( Otherwise it would've been an awesome day cream because the fragrance always put me in a good mood. I didn't like the eye lotion either, it wasn't moisturizing enough for me.

Sandy said...

i have given up my hope on becoming whiter and more radiant. im gonna be naturally tanned for the rest of my life hahahah :D

if u wanna go mac store sometime. tell me. i get 10% discount if i shop at MAC DJ city :)

cheryl said...

hey there, but isn't garnier actually a hair products brand?... yea lots of whitening skincare products are only available in asia. darn... have u given shu uemura a try?