Followers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

NARS Gilda+ Laguna

Hey all
First of all I would like to say something....
I F*CKEN hate sales assistants that's BITCHES!!!!...
I just hate them.. full stop!!!.. why?? because I wanted to buy estee lauder's double wear light foundation which I heard good reviews about and wanted to try it out. BUT.. as I went to the counter in DAVID JONES (I think it's equvalent to nostroms in USA, not too sure) any ways; the sales assistants talking amongst them selves and I was looking at them for help, they choose to ignore me.. like fine. so I walked to them and said " excuse me, I'm looking for EL double wear light, and the samples at the counter only had intensity 3 onwards, wonder if you have intensity 1 and 2 ?" I wanted to try it on my hand and see how the colour would look like...

one of them this old HAG.. (atleast freaken 60 sth) any ways said to me " what ever we have there is what we have. if you can't find it, that's it." I WAS LIKE WTF LADY!!!! of cuz I didn't say that out aloud. then I looked around and I saw the original double wear and I tried some colour on my hands, and I thought probably my colur would be 2N1 or 2N2; then one of the assistent came to me and said " Hi, you need help there? btw that's not double wear light" I was like.. yeah obviously.. it says on the bottle that it's " DOUBLE WEAR". I said to her, " If I am yellow toned would you think that neutral would be ok for me?" she said " well, yellow toned people are better suited to WARM, and by looking at you, Fresco (2N2) would be fine it's a more popular colour we don't have sand beige (2N1)."

I tried 2N2 on my jar line and thought, pretty good colour match, but a bit grey toned, but it's not too bad. any ways.. then I asked her would you be able to have a sample for me to try the consistency?? she said " I will have a look for you." Of course I said "thank you." so I waited..

then as that sales assitent was looking for sample, the old lady went to talk to her and I don't know what she said but the SA returned to me and said " Awwwww, i'm sorry we ran out of samples. you might have to come back next week may be???"

I got angry.. I seriously got angry, I have never been so angry at any sales before. sigh.. I don't get how they can be so bitchy?? sigh.. I said to her " that's fine, i don't have time next week any ways." then I walked away......

I swear, If they did have something I would've liked to purchase I would refuse to buy it !!!!

any ways.. that's over.. Lets share some good things =p

I promised I would post something on laguna and gilda blush.
So I combine it together. SO I used laguna as contour under my cheek bone and used gilda as blush... The foundation is Dior forever flawless and No other make ups. just
-foundation
-contour
-blush
I did the photos under different lightings, like in my room, in the bath room, in the kitchen LOL








That's all for now...
hehe Gota run, will show you what I got for my birthday =p..

9 comments:

fuzkittie said...

You look so cute with glasses! I hate bitchy SAs, esp ones who don't know anything.

miemiemie said...

those bitches! annoying!

ilovewendydarling said...

I think it has to do with being young. No joke. When I use to work for _______ I had to attend workshops on how to "determine people who are willing to spend" from those who didn't want to or had no money. How fucked up is that?
I have been victim to this as well. I'm a college student and I sometimes do not have time to doll myself up and go out to purchase things after my classes so on these days I feel like I'm more ignored than helped.

Other occasions are when I am with my parents, these sales reps. are like flies to a light zapper! They are so kind and friendly offering bottles of water and mints like crazy.
I hate how stereotypes are given:(
Just be sure to look a little more "mature". Stupid, I know.

Sandy said...

which david jones is this? i work in the bondi junction one -_-

AskMeWhats said...

I love your close up shots..just like those in magazines that shoes the side of the face! I love it

So sorry about your experience with the SAs SAs really..some of them think they are beauty GOD or something! I hate it, I know how you feel about them NOT giving samples you know why? Some of them may keep it for themselves! don't waste your pretty energy on her!

purple snowflake said...

hehe.. it's the DAVID Jones in City... LOL Ladies department...
1st floor cosmetic section.. SAD ><

bondi is GOOD.. I love shopping at bondi and chatswood.. ^___^

purple snowflake said...

btw..

thank you guys for the KIND messages.. i'm so over those SA now.. happily playing badminton with friends today.. but got sore arm now LOL

cheryl said...

hi again, i think wendy might be right: i had been inside barney's a few times but since i looked too young, salespeople would just ignore me cos i didn't have that shopping body language or whatever...

the nars blush and bronzer look great. i wanna get laguna!!

i do wanna ask u though: how do you like your shu uemura powder foundation??

Sandy said...

yeah the city one is pretty bad. they think they know everything. i have a lot of friends working in the cosmetics department in the bondi one. if you need anything , just let me know :) x